Firmstep are expanding their Auckland-based development team and are seeking developers to work on a variety of web-based applications. We require all candidates to have a solid background in C#/ASP.NET development, however we will be working on a wide variety of projects so candidates will be expected to be comfortable working in a variety of languages and frameworks. This position is open to both recent graduates and more experienced developers.
- Be part of a growing high performance team where continuous improvements are actively encouraged
- Be able to fully focus on one project but switch quickly onto another one if needed
- Be responsible for your work and be able to deliver assigned tasks within time constraints
- Be empowered – we encourage people to share their ideas and views
- Be based in the Auckland CBD, under the leadership of one of our lead technologists, who is a local
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for someone who can self-manage and who can think outside the box when designing solutions. At a minimum, candidates should have:
- Good understanding of C#/ASP.NET, including MVC and WCF
- Solid experience with MS SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Knowledge of common web protocols (HTTP/SMTP)
- Strong desire and ability to create well designed, maintainable and testable code
- Self-motivation and a desire to take on new challenges
- Technology related university degree (or higher)
In addition, candidates should have experience with and a desire to learn:
- PHP web development
- Scripted server configuration, deployment and a continuous delivery pipeline
- Database scripting and automation
- Server management (Windows + Linux)
- Git, AWS, VMWare
About the company
Firmstep creates a complete set of software solutions, developed specifically to accelerate channel shift and improve the customer experience. We work closely with our customers to help them achieve their aim of building better services.
- Friendly & open work environment – Firmstep is an equal opportunities employer
- Headquarters in London, offices in Auckland and Cambridge (UK)
- Transport links are excellent; our office is located in the Auckland CBD and train station is just a 15 minute walk
- Flexible hours
The interviews will take place at our office in the Auckland CBD. No agencies please.
❗ Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Flick me a message if all I’ve listed is sound like you and you’re interested to apply for this position but you have any questions.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Join 189 other followers and receive monthly newsletter
Ivan Grigoryev's Blog
Living in New Zealand. Blogging about the country, beautiful places, everyday life.
Do a skydive - halfway completed; get 1400 - still working on; reach 300kph - completed by 96.6%