Today we got a new “Have your say” booket, “Help us transform the Central Cuburs bus network. It has 8 pages of A3 size with detailed pictures of new bus services, tables and schemas – feedback is open from 1 October to 10 December 2015. Changes will happen in 2017 and will affect central suburbs only – sorry, no good news for North Shore folks!
I do remember, we got similar broshures before but previously they were about new bus shelter design or about temporary change of location of bus stops due to road works or about opening new bycicle and pedestiran walkways – nothing like thies before!
So basicaly what we need to do is to follow this easy steps:
- Read about proposed changes and look at the map of new services
- Check if the service times work for you
- Tell what you think via:
In few words, Auckland transport plans to:
- Create new Crosstown services – a grid of north to south and east to west routes connecting you to the train network and to frequent routes on key roads to replace all current bus services (City Link and the Inner Link will operate at the same level)
- Unload City centre to allow suburb to suburb journeys as directly as possible without needing to go through it.
I don’t really understand what to do if you want to go to CBD intentionally, for example, at the moment, we at Koimarama have just two bus routes, going to Britomart, 715 and 745. After changes will happen, there will be only one peak only (6.30-9.30AM 3-7PM) direct route, 775 Britomart – Glendowie going through Tamaki drive where I have to walk 20-25minutes first.
- Force people to use trains, because buses will transfer you to the train networks Orakei, Glen Innes, Panmure, Penrose Sylvia Park, Otahuhu, Ellerslie, Te Papapa, Onehanga, New Lynn, Avondale, Mt Albert, Newmarket
- Make easier travelling accross town with the introduction of Simplified Zone Fares
- Introduce larger buses, double deckers and more peak service buses
- Extend bus lanes by 40kms in three years
Have your say!
Ivan Grigoryev's Blog
Living in New Zealand. Blogging about the country, beautiful places, everyday life.
Do a skydive - halfway completed; get 1400 - still working on; reach 300kph - completed by 96.6%