Tongariro National Park, July 2016

Or our attempt to open snowboard season. Which loudly failed because of bad weather. Well, technically we opened the season and even did 3 runs on Turoa skifield, however, we couldn’t do boarding for two consequtive days of weekend – wind speed was around 50-65 kph which was a bit uncomfortable and dangerous: all lifts were finally stopped so we had to drive into motel. We had a tiny hope that weather forecast for Sunday will improve, however snowfall in the morning didn’t make it possible. The moral is: try to rely on a few different weather forecast resources. I’ve already started making some notes and writing conclusions based on wind speed and other conditions so if you are interested, I can share this next time. Comparing to last winter season this one is a bit worse – there was not enough snow in June, July was a bit snowy and windy, will see what we get in August! 🙂










Stay tuned. Get post excerpts, news and other perks not included in RSS, Feedly or somewhere else.

Join 209 other followers and receive monthly newsletter

Ivan Grigoryev's Blog
Living in New Zealand. Blogging about the country, beautiful places, everyday life.
Do a skydive - halfway completed; get 1400 - still working on; reach 300kph - completed by 96.6%